Here is the agenda for the upcoming city council meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
October 3, 2017
Notice is hereby given that the Riverton City Council will hold a Regular City Council Meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m. on October 3, 2017, at Riverton City Hall, located at 12830 South 1700 West, Riverton, Utah.
A. GENERAL BUSINESS
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
a. Recognition of Boy Scouts
b. Riverton Choice Awards for Excellence in Education-Herriman High School
- Council Member Sheldon Stewart
c. Jordan School District Annual Facility Report - Matthew Young, Jordan School
4. Public Comments
B. PUBLIC HEARINGS - There are no Public Hearings scheduled
C. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
1. Resolution No. 17-58 - Consenting to the Mayor's Appointment of Lieutenant Petersen as the Unified Police Department (UPD) Riverton Precinct Chief of Police Services - Mayor Applegarth
2. Update on Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area - Lisa Dudley, Administrative Services Director
3. Resolution No. 17-60 - Confirming and advising the Utah State Tax Commission that the Service Area to be created by adoption of Resolution No.17-42 shall establish a Service Area, under the Utah Service Area Act, [Utah Code Title 17b, Chapter 2a, Sections 900-908], to be known as the Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area - Ryan Carter, Interim City Manager
D. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Minutes: RCCM 09-19-17
2. Bond Releases:
a. The Towers - Warranty Agreement
b. Cottages on Park Avenue Phase 2 - Performance Agreement
3. Resolution No. 17-59 - Authorizing the City to enter into a Cooperative Agreement between Utah Department of Transportation and Riverton City for the signalization of the intersection of 13200 South and Mountain View Corridor (MVC) - Trace Robinson, Public Works Director
E. STAFF REPORTS
1. Ryan Carter, Interim City Manager
F. ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORTS
1. Council Member Brent Johnson
2. Council Member Trent Staggs
3. Council Member Sheldon Stewart
4. Council Member Tricia Tingey
5. Council Member Paul Wayman
6. Mayor Bill Applegarth
G. UPCOMING MEETINGS
1. October 24, 2017 - Regular City Council Meeting - 6:30 p.m.
2. November 14, 2017 - Regular City Council Meeting - 6:30 p.m.
3. November 21, 2017 - Board of Canvassers Meeting - 6:15 p.m.
4. November 21, 2017 - Regular City Council Meeting - 6:30 p.m.
H. CLOSED SESSION
1. Strategy Session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation